Couple of questions?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
leglez

Couple of questions?

Post by leglez »

Ok me and a couple friends are planning on building a couple of these and then try adding stuff to them and coding for them and stuff. But we were wondering:

1. On th FM Transmitter how big of a range does it have without losing quality?
2. Is it possible to upgrade the FM Transmitter if it doesnt have a very good range?
3. How would you go about hooking up a hard drive (Read that it is possible in another thread) for in car use? I know how to do power but how would you do the IDE?
4. Would it be possible to solder onto the exisiting USB and add another for say bluetooth?
5. What is it coded in? C++?

leglez

Post by leglez »

Also what is used for a programmer? could I use this http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=11?

Student

Post by Student »

To start off with, that programmer will not work, because it is meant for Atmel AVR microcontrollers.

1. The FM transmitter has a fairly good range (maybe 20' - 40' ?) if you hook something up to the antenna pin.

2. It may be possible to upgrade the transmitter, but you might be infringing on FCC regulations if you do so, I'm not sure.

3. Not sure

4. Not sure

5. I believe the PIC code provided is written in C.

ut20xx

Post by ut20xx »

3. You are better off using the yammp if you want a hard drive added for car use.
4. I'm not excatly sure what you mean by that, but you would have to change the PCB in order to have another chip on. But even if you do make changes, bluetooth is difficult to implement between lack of chips availible to hobbyists and the complexity of the protocal itself (unless you use a moduel form SparkFun.com).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”