case problems
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

case problems

by sixtyten on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 pm

I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi clear case and noticed some problems. I just got my Raspberry Pi so I decided to try out the case. When assembling the case I had one area around one of the top tabs break off (on the network, USB end at the top left corner). I also had two of the top tabs (the ones that don't have the springy section) break off during assembly. I followed the video instructions but I must have gotten a dud. I love all of my previous purchases from Adafruit so I know this must be some fluke. I just figured I would bring it to your attention in case other people are experiencing the same problem.
sixtyten

Re: case problems

by adafruit on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 am

very rare - but happens :)

drop us an email support@adafruit.com

thanks!
adafruit support
adafruit

by sixtyten on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 am

Adafruit resolved the issue.. Adafruit rocks!!
sixtyten

by GaveUp on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I had a very similar issue with my case. The holes for interlocking the pieces were not removed on the piece with the usb and ethernet cut out. Using a banned to gently score the pieces to remove them caused one of the sides to shatter and break off. The plastic appears to be very brittle where near the edges where it's thinner. It reminds me of how easily some of the plastic 3D puzzles that you can find in some stores break/shatter.
GaveUp

by adafruit on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 pm

GaveUp wrote:I had a very similar issue with my case. The holes for interlocking the pieces were not removed on the piece with the usb and ethernet cut out. Using a banned to gently score the pieces to remove them caused one of the sides to shatter and break off. The plastic appears to be very brittle where near the edges where it's thinner. It reminds me of how easily some of the plastic 3D puzzles that you can find in some stores break/shatter.

thanks for posting and emailing! please check your email - we'll help you out in a jiffy!

cheers,
adafruit support, phil
adafruit

by kevinchen on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 am

sixtyten wrote:I just figured I would bring it to your attention in case other people are experiencing the same problem.

In case other people are having a problem with the case…oh boy.
kevinchen