Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

quick question regarding Occidentalis_v2.0
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

quick question regarding Occidentalis_v2.0

by waltermixxx on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:36 am

after installing, setting up my wireless, and running rasp-config,
i rebooted...

then I decided to do a sudo apt-get upgrade, I let it do it's thing,
and when it was done I rebooted.... first thing I noticed was the adafruit logo dissappeared from beside the raspberry pi logo...
Does the sudo apt-get upgrade brake anything in the Occidentalis image? does I2c still work? or spi? :)

:) just wondering if anyone else has done a sudo apt-get upgrade to occidentals_v2.0 and if they noticed anything wrong afterwards...

thank you :)

waltermixxx

Re: quick question regarding Occidentalis_v2.0

by jhawk on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:18 pm

It broke wifi for me. New kernel 3.2.27+ Confirm with uname -r

jhawk
jhawk

Re: quick question regarding Occidentalis_v2.0

by tetravalence on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Wi-Fi will break because the Raspbian kernel that is upgraded to does not include the necessary module. I2C still works, as the proper modules are upgraded along with the kernel. I don't know about SPI, however. There is a way to hold back the kernel (i.e., prevent apt from upgrading it) but I don't recall it off the top of my head.
tetravalence