Buggy Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
kenndann

Buggy Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard

Post by kenndann »

Hi,

The Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard that I bought has a glitch. The backslash-vertical bar key displays an octothorpe # and a tilde ~ instead. Shifted 2 is a " (although the 2 works) and shifted 3 is a British pound character (although the 3 works).

I assume this isn't right . . . .

Any suggestions?

thanks

Nostromo

Re: Buggy Miniature Wireless USB Keyboard

Post by Nostromo »

Mine doesn't work at all... connection LED is blinking, dongle is recognized by the system but seems to be unable to establish a connection. Holding FN+F1 for 10 seconds doesn't do anything.
Any ideas ? Before I send this back from Switzerland to the states I throw it in the bin and forget about it.

Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

Okay on the website the say, that holding the F1 key when switching the keyboard on should perform the pairing... failed :x

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

what happens if you keep it powered via the mini USB connection?

Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

Red charging LED goes on again (had it fully charged before) but still no connection :(

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Have you tried it on a normal computer/laptop as well? in case its the Pi

Nostromo

Post by Nostromo »

Tried on both and on several different ports, always the same: The yellow LED is blinking endlessly. I tried different procedures with F1 on poweron as mentioned in the FAQ on the manufacturers page, still no success.

kenndann

Post by kenndann »

I have used my unit with several computers, including my raspi and they all connect fine, but all have the character problem.

I would like if the keyboard were to stay active longer; It times out and goes into sleep mode after about five minuets of inactivity. I have to switch it on and off again to reconnect.

So, what do I do about this character issue? If characters were just on different keys I could get by, but with important ones missing it's kinda useless.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

kenndann wrote:I have used my unit with several computers, including my raspi and they all connect fine, but all have the character problem.

I would like if the keyboard were to stay active longer; It times out and goes into sleep mode after about five minuets of inactivity. I have to switch it on and off again to reconnect.

So, what do I do about this character issue? If characters were just on different keys I could get by, but with important ones missing it's kinda useless.
have you set the locale on the pi? that affects what keycodes == what characters

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Nostromo wrote:Tried on both and on several different ports, always the same: The yellow LED is blinking endlessly. I tried different procedures with F1 on poweron as mentioned in the FAQ on the manufacturers page, still no success.
email support@adafruit to get a new wireless keyboard replacement

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”