Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

POWERED USB HUB QUESTION
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

POWERED USB HUB QUESTION

by SparkzCrossedWires on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm

I recently purchased a powered 7-port USB hub and it has really made a difference in the performance of my WIFI dongle and stabilized the system. I am interested in using a Power Pack to run my Raspberry Pi so I don't have to have the wall wart tethered to an outlet.

The Power Pack has 2 USB ports, but the cable I was using on my previous hub has a different size barrel plug and will not fit your hub. Do you have a relatively short USB to barrel jack cable available for this?
SparkzCrossedWires

Re: POWERED USB HUB QUESTION

by adafruit on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:38 am

We do not :(

adafruit

by SparkzCrossedWires on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:02 am

Would you please confirm the size of the barrel jack supplied so I can try to source it somewhere else?
SparkzCrossedWires

by adafruit on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

We don't know or have any specifications for it, sorry!

adafruit

by ericbnyc on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am

Hi,

I have an additional question about the 7 port usb powered hub (two questions, really)

1 - What's the power output on each port? I've read that a Raspberry Pi would do best with 700ma and if I wanted to use this to power the Pi I'd like to know the power specs. Most hubs seem to be 500ma / port

2- When will it be back in stock? The web page has the stock "5 to 10 days" comment.

thanks, & good luck spinning back up after the storm!
-e
ericbnyc