Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

i2c 16x2 rgb lcd pi plate no backlight
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

i2c 16x2 rgb lcd pi plate no backlight

by superdave on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 am

I just put together the i2c pi plate and 16x2 blue/white character lcd, and I'm getting no backlight. I have checked ALL my solder connections, and my Pi will light an LED with 5v. I can see the boxes on the first row because I haven't served it anything to display yet, and I can adjust the contrast, but the backlight fails to light. Is there something i'm missing?

Thanks,
Dave
superdave

Re: i2c 16x2 rgb lcd pi plate no backlight

by superdave on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 am

Come to think of it, I don't think this Pi Plate was made for the non RGB version of the character display. It's not working for me AT ALL. I followed the tutorial to the letter, but I could not get the thing to work in any sense of the word.
superdave

Re: i2c 16x2 rgb lcd pi plate no backlight

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 am

Post photos of the front & back of the board. The difference between the RGB and the blue/white display is the extra two pins for the Blue & Green backlight leds. For the Blue/White (and all other monochrome backlight) displays, the backlight is controlled by the "Red" pin. All other pin connections are the same.

adafruit_support_bill