Tutorial question

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Hwestiii

Tutorial question

Post by Hwestiii »

Is the appropriate location for questions about the Adafruit tutorials for Raspberry Pi? I've completed the email and photo resistor tutorials, but am unable to get the sound file tutorial to work despite rechecking my wiring several times and verifyingt that the code is correct. pushing the buttons does not trigger the sound to play, so I inverted the logic and they all play unassisted, so I suspect the button circuit wiring is incorrect, but I have no clue why.

Hwestiii

Re: Tutorial question

Post by Hwestiii »

Actually, this seems like it might be an issue with the switches. I'm working with the Adafruit item 1014 Starter pack which comes with three momentary switches, but they do not look like the switches in the pictures in the tutorial. Are the switches in that kit not appropriate for that tutorial? I'm unable to get any on/off behavior. If the switch is plugged into the breadboard, I seem to get a circuit whether the button is pressed or not.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

If the switch is plugged into the breadboard, I seem to get a circuit whether the button is pressed or not.
Can you post a photo showing how you have it connected?

Hwestiii

Post by Hwestiii »

I finally got this figured out. I did not understand what the correct orientation of the switches was. Thanks for the reply.

holaparc

Post by holaparc »

You have to connect the pins of the switches that are diagonal to each other . I had to zoom into the picture in the tutorial to realize the mistake.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”