Careful with that microSD adaptor...

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
qwertinsky

Careful with that microSD adaptor...

Post by qwertinsky »

So I was installing the Low-profile microSD card adapter as it slid the past the SD Card slot in the Adafruit Pi Box, the Micro SD card shot out so fast I did not even see it. :o I heard it hit the floor but I have not been able to find it. Now there is a 16GB Micro SD card on the floor someplace in my office... :cry:

holaparc

Re: Careful with that microSD adaptor...

Post by holaparc »

Post pics please from different angles. I just want to know it it fits correctly on the clear box and it doesn't bend.thank you

qwertinsky

Post by qwertinsky »

Here you go, it does not look like it's bending but it defiantly make the Pi sit a little crooked.
Attachments
pi3.jpg
pi3.jpg (755.85 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
pi2.jpg
pi2.jpg (1009.88 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
pi1.jpg
pi1.jpg (858.65 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

qwertinsky

Post by qwertinsky »

Oh yeah, I have not been able to find that 16GB microsd card yet :cry:

inevu

Post by inevu »

qwertinsky are you using Heat Sinks on your Raspberry Pi? If so which ones? Thanks!

holaparc

Post by holaparc »

Thank you so much! :) you don't know how long I been searching for this. I guess if I get it I might have to file it down a bit .I could also try to lift the opposite side with something... do you have any trouble connecting the power supply? Like does the plastic part of the plug makes it bend down?. u gonna have to get a portable vacuum cleaner and just suction everywhere.

qwertinsky

Post by qwertinsky »

inevu wrote:qwertinsky are you using Heat Sinks on your Raspberry Pi? If so which ones? Thanks!
Yes, they were scavenged off an old videocard that I added a "cooling kit" to years ago. We have Loctite thermal adhesive at my work so I popped them off the videocard RAM, cleaned of the old glue/tape and glued them onto the CPU and Ethernet chip.
Attachments
DSCN1673.JPG
DSCN1673.JPG (438.68 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
DSCN0556.JPG
DSCN0556.JPG (303.54 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
DSCN0554.JPG
DSCN0554.JPG (442.44 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”