Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

USB Battery Pack - simultaneous charge?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

USB Battery Pack - simultaneous charge?

by Churten on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm looking at the USB battery pack for the RPi (http://www.adafruit.com/products/962) and I have a question. I have another USB battery pack that has the unfortunate aspect that it cannot recharge faster than it discharges, at least for a RPi sized load. Do you know (or can you find out) if your product can?

As a side note, I'd be even more interested if you had a smaller (both in capacity and physical size) battery pack for less money. For my interests, I don't need that kind of capacity.
Churten

Re: USB Battery Pack - simultaneous charge?

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 am

I haven't tested it rigorously, but I think not. It takes 7-8 hr to fully charge from empty and will run a Pi for 5-6 hours on a charge. :(

adafruit_support_bill

by rsstrahan on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm

I would like to use the 962 for a car computer and have it plugged in while the car is running and maintain consistent power when the car is turned off. I don't see anything that suggests the 962 can do this so I want to verify to make absolutely sure.

ACME Unlimited had a product that worked this way (rather like a little UPS) until just the other day when it vanished from their site. It was considerably less expensive than the 962. Thanks for your time.

rsstrahan

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 pm

@rsstrahan: what is the current draw of your car computer?

adafruit_support_bill