USB to Serial Console Windows 8 drivers PL2303 HXA chips

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
terryo75

Re: USB to Serial Console Windows 8 drivers PL2303 HXA chips

Post by terryo75 »

I'm not sure what you mean, but I do NOT see any purple. Sort of standard black usb cable and black connector.

By the way, thanks for the help. I'm frustrated as you can tell, but I don't want you to feel I'm taking things out on you.

cheers,

Terry O'

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

terryo75 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, but I do NOT see any purple. Sort of standard black usb cable and black connector.

By the way, thanks for the help. I'm frustrated as you can tell, but I don't want you to feel I'm taking things out on you.

cheers,

Terry O'
OK! you bought the cable before we switched to a win8-compatible chipset. The new cables are purple and are win8 compatible, the one you have is not! Can you use win7?

terryo75

Post by terryo75 »

Unfortunately I can't use Windows 7. Or would rather not switch at this juncture.

Can I swap the cables with you guys?

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

terryo75 wrote:Unfortunately I can't use Windows 7. Or would rather not switch at this juncture.

Can I swap the cables with you guys?
OK email support@adafruit and ask for a new cable. we do not want the old one back.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”