I tried booting up my new Raspberry Pi today and am having a problem. The red power LED is on, but nothing else happens. No green ACT light, no HDMI or RCA video... nothing. The SD card is appears to not be readable, or is not being read.
Before posting, I saw TerryB's thread from yesterday - my problem sounds just like his. I've also taken a look at the symptoms page. Here's what I've done to troubleshoot the problem:
- Tried both HDMI and RCA video output.
- Multiple chargers, all rated at 5v and > 1A.
- A couple of different micro USB cables.
- Seated and reseated the SD card.
- Verified that the SD card is readable on my PC and contains the Wheezy image (I'm using a pre-imaged card from Adafruit).
- Powered up with no peripherals attached (e.g. keyboard/mouse).
The only things I haven't tried are testing the voltage across TP1/TP2 (can't find my old multimeter). I also haven't tried another SD card as I don't have one that's 2GB or larger (until now I've been a CF kinda guy).
At this point I believe that the RPi may be source of the problem, but I want to make sure I've done everything I can do before requesting a replacement. Any suggestions?