Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Low-Profile MicroSD Adapter flattening pins?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Low-Profile MicroSD Adapter flattening pins?

by nmalinoski on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm

I was originally considering picking up one of these low-profile adapters, but I read somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that someone who had used one had difficulty using other SD cards after using the low-profile adapter because it had flattened the pins in the SD card receptacle. Looking at the high-res photos of the bottom of the adapter (As well as that similar transverse-slot adapter from that run on Kickstarter), I can sort of understand why: a normal SD card/shim has recessed contacts, whereas these low-profile adapters do not--they are completely flat on the bottom.

That said, I'm still interested in getting one of these adapters, but that story leaves me curious; has anyone experienced flattened pins with either of these adapters?
nmalinoski