Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Wifi connection question
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Wifi connection question

by alfiesty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I tried to run the instructions in lesson 3, however my desktop does not have an icon for WiFi Config as shown on your illustration. I am running Occidentalis 2.0. I have tried every permutation name I could think of but no luck. I searched the web for "WiFi Config" but found nothing. What name am I searching for, or where do I find it?
Jim "Linux Dummy #1"
alfiesty

Re: Wifi connection question

by tldr on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 am

check out the fifth page of the tutorial about how to set up networking under occidentalis. the utility your looking for is not available in occidentalis.
"If I had known it was harmless, I would have killed it myself." - Phillip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly
tldr

by rmacarone on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 am

I am using the mini usb wifi adapter on a 'closed' network.
with occi v.02 and this setup:
http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-ras ... cidentalis
connects fine.

I do have an issue with the connection timing out and having to re-boot to connect again though.
rmacarone

by alfiesty on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 pm

I did as tldr said and success. rmacarone said "I do have an issue with the connection timing out and having to re-boot to connect again though." I experiencing the same thing.
Jim
alfiesty