3.5 Inch LCD Not Working

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
nu2java

3.5 Inch LCD Not Working

Post by nu2java »

Hello, I recently purchased a 3.5 inch LCD (ID 913). I went through the tutorial on using it for my Raspberry Pi. It powers on and stays on for about 5-7 seconds and then shuts off and will not come back on. If I unplug power and replug, I get the same result. It works and I can see my Pi booting up, but not more than 7 seconds before having to cycle power again. I have used 2 different power supplies thinking that was the problem, but both produce the same result. Not sure where to go from here... there is no damage to the ribbon cable or anything I can physically see.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: 3.5 Inch LCD Not Working

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Which power supplies did you try with this display?

nu2java

Post by nu2java »

I have now tried a 3rd power supply.

1st - Variable Voltage Supply / tried 12volts 300mA then tried it @ 6volts
2nd - 12 Volt Supply 1200mA
3rd - 12 Volt Supply 1000mA - This one got the LCD to stay on for about 20 seconds.

The first two power adapters I use on several other projects so I know they operate well. I just don't know if this LCD is so sensitve that it requires a very specific power supply. Or is there some kind of defect on the controller board.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Those supplies should be more than adequate. Contact [email protected] with a link to this thread to arrange for a replacement.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”