Cupcade case

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
egutting

Cupcade case

Post by egutting »

Are there any plans on selling the cupcade acrylic case? Would love to build one...

adafruit

Re: Cupcade case

Post by adafruit »

maybe! thank you for the suggestion!

egutting

Post by egutting »

So I feel a little like a tool....I just found the kit for sale on the site. Will be picking one up when it's available!

timmy2dogs

Post by timmy2dogs »

So i just got an email that it was back in stock, but its not. Is it coming soon?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

sold out very fast, please sign up again!

egutting

Post by egutting »

Yeah, I got the email too. When I went to buy it (about 5-10 mins later) there were 2 left. After I finished my purchase there were none left....

bonky

Post by bonky »

Is yellow the only option? Would love to see it in frosted tinted acrylic or maybe a few different colors, the yellow is a little loud for my taste (I admit I may have bad taste).

craigthecoder

Post by craigthecoder »

Are the design/drawing files for the acrylic parts available for download anywhere? If not currently available, will they be forthcoming? I have purchased one of the full kits (still en route) and will likely want to cut some modified cabinet pieces and try some different colors/materials to customize the look.

I would be happy to have access to these files even with the caveat that they are "beta and subject to change" or something along those lines which might normally give you pause.

Thanks for your time.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

craigthecoder wrote:Are the design/drawing files for the acrylic parts available for download anywhere? If not currently available, will they be forthcoming?
We're still trying to get all the information in a single place. Keep an eye on the blog and/or RSS feed for more info when we have it!

egutting

Post by egutting »

MIne is coming in tomorrow and I'm really excited about putting it together and modding it!!!!

bonky

Post by bonky »

Colors?

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

We experimented with several colors and materials for the case before settling on yellow; taking inspiration from the color and shape of the original Namco arcade Pac Man cabinet. (This also complemented the button colors, and gave the case an impression of being smaller and cuter than it did with other tones.)

Before committing to anything regarding case files and such, we need to see how the beta units are received...it's a tricky design to assemble and may require some refinement.

For the final (non-beta) case, we've discussed maybe having a set of stickers to provide cabinet art. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing where others may take it with their own artistic skills (using paint markers, vinyl cutter, etc.), and have put some little notches in there to allow running wires for a backlit marquee.

craigthecoder

Post by craigthecoder »

Phil,

I do not see a way of PM'ing you directly nor any other way of actually sending private commentary via any of the mechanisms in the new adafruit website layouts. Please advise how this can be accomplished or contact me directly at craigthecoder {at} gmail {dot} com please so I can provide some information that is inappropriate (confidential) for a public forum.

Thanks.

-craig

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Just not ready to go there yet. I really need to see what issues (if any) the beta units encounter. Putting pre-production files out there never, never ends well.

craigthecoder

Post by craigthecoder »

Wow...gotta love assumptions about intent.... :-/

Well, I am being placed on disability due to chronic illnesses so I won't likely be around long enough for you to feel warm and fuzzy enough to take things beyond beta. It seems like those who are willing and capable to design, test, and submit improvements to the beta would be an asset. Instead, we have to wait to be hand-fed whatever fixes you discover by yourself.

I GET your statement about pre-production files to SOME degree, but you guys (and everyone the world over) have beta and pre-production files laying about in your Github repositories for everyone to access. These files are changing all the time. Everyone who downloads and utilizes these files KNOWS the nature of what they are getting.

Sounds like if I want to contribute something to this effort before I turn to dust I will have to break out the digital calipers again....such a waste of time when that effort could all be put towards making design improvements. I guess my $35,693.41+ (look it up) towards supporting Limor's business ventures doesn't garner the respect it used to...

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”