PiTFT drivers blocking /dev/video0

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
parkview

PiTFT drivers blocking /dev/video0

Post by parkview »

I noticed yesterday that /dev/video0 wasn't being created when I plugged in a webcam. I tried two different webcams to no avail.

With noting to loose, I ran all the RPi updates, including updating the kernel to 3.12.22. All of a sudden my webcams all worked.

Then I noticed that the PiTFT drivers where not being loaded, and that /dev/fb1 was not being created. I then ran through the PiTFT software install which reloaded the kernel drivers again.

After the next reboot, I noticed that /dev/fb1 was back and usable, but /dev/video0 was missing.

To me it seems that loading one of the *.deb files is blocking the creation of /dev/video0 so I can't use both webcam and PiTFT.

Does anyone else have this issue?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: PiTFT drivers blocking /dev/video0

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

[moved to the RasPi forum]

You're probably right that one set of modules clobbers the other, but I don't know whether that indicates a fundamental problem or is just a quirk of how things were configured on the build server.

I'll check with the PiTFT team to see if they have more information.

adafruit2

Re: PiTFT drivers blocking /dev/video0

Post by adafruit2 »

It would be super helpful if you can post the dmesg output from your 'working' setup once the /dev/video0 is created! please post if you can :)

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”