raspberry pi touchscreen camera 3d printed case

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
thelandofthedave

raspberry pi touchscreen camera 3d printed case

Post by thelandofthedave »

Has anyone designed a case that can be printed that allows room for a battery pack in 3d printed case for adafruits raspberry pi touchscreen camera? I ask because if nobody has then i will do so after i order the parts needed to build the camera. But if its already done then I wont. I will be slow getting at this but seems like having the battery pack incorporated into the case would make it more practical.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: raspberry pi touchscreen camera 3d printed case

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The closest thing I know of is this Instructable:

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Sna ... /?ALLSTEPS

thelandofthedave

Actually that is pretty cool.
Some time in the next month I will be ordering the parts i need to build the camera. I might start with the adafruit case and see if i cant add a battery compartment to the 3d printed files. My design skills are weak so it will take me some time but im gonna give it a crack.

adafruit_support_mike

Hey, post your progress and any questions you might have along the way. We're all about building new skills. ;-)

thelandofthedave

For sure. Gotta finish my Halloween stuff first. So this may be some time before i get to it. Does adafruit provide files other than the stl's for their case?

adafruit_support_mike

We post all the documents we have. The .stl files are probably the only ones that exist.

thelandofthedave

Awesome. Just ordered everything i need to build this. Once i have it all i plan to print the 3d printed enclosure on the adafruit site plus design my an add on to it that will house a usb battery pack.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”