Failure of HDMI 4 PI - 7" Display PID 1033

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
rmfinsmt

Failure of HDMI 4 PI - 7" Display PID 1033

Post by rmfinsmt »

I purchased a 7" display back in late Jan of this year and received it in Feb. I have used this item two times as a small troubleshooting display since then. Last week I hooked up this display to view a HDMI output and it would not work I then tried it on VGA which it had worked two times before. It also did not work. It appears that it can not sink on the signal.
I think 6 month and two uses is rather poor reliability for any product.
It was purchased on invoice 421756. Part number HDMI 4 PI - 7" Display 1280 x 800 IPS.
Please let me know anything else that can be done and if this part is still covered under warranty.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Failure of HDMI 4 PI - 7" Display PID 1033

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Unfortunately, out replacement period is 30 days.

What exactly are the symptoms? Do any lights come on? Do you see the blue screen when it's searching for a signal?
Or is it just dark and inert?

rmfinsmt

Post by rmfinsmt »

The blue light is on. The screen comes up with different verticals lines and changes if the menu button is pressed. It looks like it cannot sync. I have reduced the resolution down to 800 by 600 but that does not make a difference. I have input both html and VGA inputs cycling power each time changing. I can take a photo of the screens if that would help.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You might try a different power supply for the screen.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”