Raspirobot Board V2 Power & Boot issues

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
S_Bard

Raspirobot Board V2 Power & Boot issues

Post by S_Bard »

First off, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or if this product is not supported. I didn't know where else to look for support.

I have a Raspirobot Board V2 that I am trying to use to drive 2 small DC motors as part of a robot. The board is hooked up to a Raspberry Pi model B, and is supposed to be able to power the Pi using the power adapter on the Raspirobot Board. When I first took delivery of the board, I could power the Pi just fine using six AA batteries. I even got it to drive a single motor. However when I hooked up both motors to the board and the Pi, it worked very briefly, made a strange high pitched noise, then quit. The Pi boots fine under USB power, but subsequent attempts to power the Pi using the Raspirobot board turn on the two board power lights, and the Pi power light, but only blink the activity light once if at all. I am running the latest version of Raspian. Any help would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Raspirobot Board V2 Power & Boot issues

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

If you need any help with the software or board please contact [email protected] or leave a comment on monkmakes.com.

S_Bard

Re: Raspirobot Board V2 Power & Boot issues

Post by S_Bard »

Thank you!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”