Faulty Pi B+

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Parksie

Faulty Pi B+

Post by Parksie »

I recently purchased a Pi B+, I already have 2 of the Pi B and they still work great. However the B+ Just stopped working and doesn’t respond at all, just a faint flicker of the LED but no video, no boot, nothing. I have checked the board and no fuses are blown and all the components look intact.

I believe it may be faulty, but I am open to suggestions?

I have tried

- Multiple power sources
- Multiple SD Cards
- Different O/S's
- Wifi and Ethernet connections
- HDMI connection

No power, no video, just a weird flicker from the LED's like they aren't getting enough power.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Faulty Pi B+

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Do you get a faint green glow on the activity LED (green) next to the power LED (red)?

Parksie

Post by Parksie »

Just a faint glow from both LED's, I have attached some images.
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG (123.53 KiB) Viewed 279 times
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG (126.01 KiB) Viewed 279 times
IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG (128.86 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Parksie

Post by Parksie »

How do I go about getting a replacement? I emailed your company and they told me to post here, so I have done so. However, the response is a little slow here, and to be honest having a returns process in a public forum is not ideal from a customer perspective.

adafruit_support_mike

Let's make sure the supply power is good:

Check the voltage between pad PP3 (GND) and PP1 (VCC) near the polyfuse F3 on the bottom of the board (near the micro-USB jack).

Parksie

Post by Parksie »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:Let's make sure the supply power is good:

Check the voltage between pad PP3 (GND) and PP1 (VCC) near the polyfuse F3 on the bottom of the board (near the micro-USB jack).

4.92v

Also, I just noticed serious heat coming from the smaller chip near the usb ports.

adafruit_support_mike

That's the USB/Ethernet hub. It's normal for those to run hot.

The voltage on the supply rails looks good, so there seems to be a problem somewhere further into the board.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a new B+.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”