Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM with MW LDD led driver - I2C

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
MBellavance

Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM with MW LDD led driver - I2C

Post by MBellavance »

Hi!

I'm using the Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C to control MW LDD-1000mah drivers. Working great to control only 1 channel...
As soon as I try to dim both channel at the same time things look weird... It is like the signal stay at 25% and cannot bring both channel to 100% + light flickering when the code it the 100% value...

Wiring from the pi to the 16channel driver is like in your tutorial but only the pwm channel 0 and 1 are connected to their respective led driver.
Driver are connected like this (same driver board same power supply): http://menarilighting.com/rapidled/docu ... 0Board.pdf
They are talking about PWM signal need to have the same ground? which one should I use to do that?
LDD-1000 with 8 cree royal blue led
LDD-1000 with 7 cree cool white led
Power supply Meanwell SE-350-48
Rasberry pi B+
Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C
Cobbler T+ kit
Breadboard

I'm completely new to programming and electronics so I may be the issue.....

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM with MW LDD led driver -

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please post a photo so we can see how everything is connected.
They are talking about PWM signal need to have the same ground? which one should I use to do that?
The grounds from your MeanWells and power supplies can be connected to the GND pin or the negative terminal of the external power terminal on the PWM board.

MBellavance

Post by MBellavance »

Attached is a photo of all connection. Please let me know if something is wrong or if I should add something. (from where to where...)
Attachments
LED1.jpg
LED1.jpg (762.12 KiB) Viewed 211 times

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I don't see any ground connection from the PWM board to the Meanwell board. You need a ground connection as a reference for the signal voltage.

MBellavance

Post by MBellavance »

So simple.... Thank you so much for your help!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”