PiTFT Screen Install on B+

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
bkoffler

PiTFT Screen Install on B+

Post by bkoffler »

I just received this great new screen, but since the pins aren't really designed for the B+ and i will lose some of the pins i need by installing this device on top of my Pi, i would like like to connect the necessary wires directly with a cable into the appropriate holes on the screen's board. Which wires should i be wiring in to achieve this goal? I believe its (BCM) 10,9,11,24,25,8 and 7.

Is that right? Please let me know when you have a chance..

adafruit_support_mike

Re: PiTFT Screen Install on B+

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The B+ GPIO header is identical to the B GPIO header for the pins that are common to both.

You need to use a version of the PiTFT kernel that runs on a B+, but we have a disk image available on the tutorial pages. Which version of the PiTFT do you have?

bkoffler

Post by bkoffler »

i just got it - 2.2 (2.8" 320x240 TFT w/ CapTouch Screen for Raspberry PI)

I understand the GPIO layout issue and most of the pins are really just passing through the screen's board. I am trying to eliminate that and just connect the necessary wires directly.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Ah, I see what you mean.

In BCM numbers, the pins used are 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 18 (optional), 24, and 25.

In terms of signal names, they're CE01, CE02, MISO, MOSI, SCLK, GPIO-18, GPIO-24, and GPIO-25

bkoffler

Post by bkoffler »

Great thanks

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”