Raspi B+ up and died?!!!?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
breegeek

Raspi B+ up and died?!!!?

Post by breegeek »

Hi,
I bought a raspi B+ from adafruit, and it was working fine for a few days. I also got the camera module, which wasn’t working and I kept getting an error <<mmal: Received unexpected camera control callback event, 0x4>>

Trying to fix the error, I tried rebooting the pi, and now it won’t reboot. The lights are on and everything, but nothing appears on screen. I tried to access it from SSH, but it fails to connect. I tried inserting and reinserting the N00b card, but no dice.

I don’t have any idea what happened to the pi or the camera.

Please help! If I need to return these things, I have to do it ASAP before I leave town for a few weeks.

Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Raspi B+ up and died?!!!?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

My first guess is that the data on your SD card has gotten corrupted.

Try loading a new copy of NOOBs or Raspbian to the card and see if that boots. You can download them from the RasPi Foundation: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

breegeek

Post by breegeek »

I spent half the day trying to format and re-partition the SD card (Windows couldn't see it), and then was finally able to put Noobs on the card.

Popped it into my raspi, and no dice. Still nothing loads on screen. Red and green light both lit.

Is it dead?? :(

adafruit_support_mike

One last thing to check: do you still have the camera plugged into the RasPi?

If so, disconnect it and see if the RasPi will boot on its own.

breegeek

Post by breegeek »

Oh that was one of the first things I tried—removing everything but the keyboard and rebooting. No dice. Then I also tried without anything attached, but also the same thing :(

adafruit_support_mike

Sounds like it's dead, but without establishing a cause of failure I can only authorize a one-time replacement. If that one dies too, we'll have to assume it's becuase of something in the operating environment.

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a new RasPi B+.

breegeek

Post by breegeek »

Ok thanks, do I ship it back?

adafruit_support_mike

No.

breegeek

Post by breegeek »

Ok, thanks!

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”