Raspberry Pi display not working (software?)

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
garyrkey

Raspberry Pi display not working (software?)

Post by garyrkey »

I have a problem with the 3.5 TFT Touch display for the Raspberry Pi (Item 2097, ordered Feb. 18, 2015). Probably it is a software problem.

The setup is a Raspberry Pi 2 using a 2 amp 5V supply, a wireless dongle, wireless keyboard and mouse. I am using a HDMI display initially. The 3.5 inch display is attached to the Pi.

I have done all of the following steps twice:

I loaded a fresh Rasbian image ( 2015-2-16) and did the configuration steps. Then I did the Easy Install steps on the Learn page for the display. All steps worked as indicated in the tutorial. When I did a reboot, The HDMI display shows the Tri-color rectangle, the 3.5 display is all white, and after about one second the green LED on the Pi goes out permanently. Disconnecting the display has no effect. Rebooting has no effect. The Pi once again works normally with a fresh version of Rasbian.

Is there a compatibility problem between the newer version of Pi's Rasbian, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help

Gary

garyrkey

Re: Raspberry Pi display not working (software?)

Post by garyrkey »

OK, I'm slow - I admit it. I didn't see the Pi 2 compatibility post until after I had posted my problem. (In my defense, I did a search of the forum first, but the compatibility page didn't show up in the results)

Oh well, patience is a hard virtue to learn, even at 66.

Sorry

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Raspberry Pi display not working (software?)

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear you got it working.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”