Returning a defective RPi2 (micro SD socket bad)

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
altitude

Returning a defective RPi2 (micro SD socket bad)

Post by altitude »

I was directed here for some reason since there is no general return procedure that I can find. Just got a RPi2, the SD socket stopped latching after 2 cycles

Bel_Z_Bub

Re: Returning a defective RPi2 (micro SD socket bad)

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

all my pi B+ and pi2 slots don't latch, I figured it was normal... if its pressed in, you can just slide it out easily. when you press it to unlock it. it latches a little bit. completely the wrong way arround. I was afraid of this when I first saw the B+ announched, as the low profile SD cards for A and B have the same problem. havent given me any problems so far, it still sits as tight as a normal large SD slot so I just went with that theory.

altitude

Post by altitude »

The other 3 I have latch fine, this one did as well for a about 2 insertions. Now the spring just pushes the card out and it is not usable, defective socket simple as that

Bel_Z_Bub

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

that sounds way worse than mine for sure.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

This is where we debug problems and authorize returns. Those of us who moderate the forums know how to identify problems that can be fixed, production errors, early hardware failures, etc. We also track issues and work with the QA team to keep problems from happening in the first place.

In this case, it sounds like a hardware failure. Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a replacement. They may also arrange return shipping for the one you have now.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”