Pi camera board does not work

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
XatziriB

Pi camera board does not work

Post by XatziriB »

2 weeks ago we bought a camera for a school project. First time we tried we follow the setup from http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/el ... mera-setup and we were able to take one picture, then we proceed to try to take video, but it didn't work, we turn it off for a long time and when we tried to work on it again it wouldn't even be recognized by the raspberry pi anymore. We search our problem online, and many people with same problem, but no solutions.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Pi camera board does not work

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Try reseating the flex cable in the connectors at both ends, and disconnect/reconnect the tab connector between the camera module and the PCB.

XatziriB

Post by XatziriB »

Thanks for the advice, we try it three times but it did not work.

adafruit_support_mike

Does the red LED on the camera's PCB light up when you try to use the camera?

pacopiman

Post by pacopiman »

1st. The pi does not automatically create a 'different' name for each new picture you take. You may have to rename each picture that you take before you can take the next picture or video. At least until you program the pi to do that for you.
I have 4 SD cards as backups, each one loaded with the same setup of the same pi camera touchscreen project.
because after a short while I will do something that locks up my pi. ... which brings me to point 2: If I am forced to unplug my pi without proper shutdown, it usually corrupts the SD card destroying the operating system and my photos. Could you have corrupted your SD card?
I have successfully installed about a dozen times, the OS and support software for my project.
I have taken photos with my touchscreen pi camera and viewed them on the pi but I have not had one picture be retrieved from the pi before the pi crashed and the files ruined. so consider that you may simply need a format and reload of your pi OS and support goodies onto the SD card.

XatziriB

Post by XatziriB »

We considered those issues. We tried multiple file names to ensure the camera is not getting confused with that but there is no success. We did try your second suggestion and tried re-installing the OS from scratch. There was no success again.

adafruit_support_mike

Send a note to [email protected] with a link to this thread and the folks there will get you a new Pi Camera. (#1367)

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”