Rotating Kippah 90 degrees?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
k6rtm

Rotating Kippah 90 degrees?

Post by k6rtm »

Title says it -- how do I rotate the image on my 800x480 Kippah display 90 degrees (or 270 degrees, to portrait mode)?

For the PiTFT displays, it was an option in the dtoverlay line in /boot/config.txt

Hoping there's something similar for the Kippah!

Looks great, much less room required than using an HDMI display and chopping up cables!

--bob

fhlipzero

Re: Rotating Kippah 90 degrees?

Post by fhlipzero »

for the Kippah it's about the same, one of these should do it for you

display_rotate rotates the display clockwise on the screen (default=0) or flips the display.

display_rotate=0 Normal
display_rotate=1 90 degrees
display_rotate=2 180 degrees
display_rotate=3 270 degrees
display_rotate=0x10000 horizontal flip
display_rotate=0x20000 vertical flip

k6rtm

Post by k6rtm »

Many thanks -- worked a treat.

Moving my Kippo Honeypot from an older Pi B to a Pi 2 with 800x480 display

--bob

fhlipzero

Post by fhlipzero »

no problem, you are running Kali by chance are you? I just did a pi 2 running Kali and a kippah with a 7in tft and am getting a blue shade over my screen, no idea what's doing it

k6rtm

Post by k6rtm »

fhlipzero wrote:no problem, you are running Kali by chance are you? I just did a pi 2 running Kali and a kippah with a 7in tft and am getting a blue shade over my screen, no idea what's doing it
Nope, running a Kippo variant under standard Raspbian on a Pi 2. So far so good, other than not having I2C for my other goodies, but not having to worry about HDMI board and cables makes up for it.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”