PiTFT Learn DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
rockman55

PiTFT Learn DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

Post by rockman55 »

When trying to get the App key and the App secret entered into the script prompt keep getting an error that says ">Token request...FAILED" . Can anyone give me some help here? Everything else is working fine and I have a Dropbox account and it show that the App for the Pi has been added, just can't seem to get the Dropbox part to work.
Thanks,
Danny

pburgess

Re: PiTFT Learn DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

Post by pburgess »

Looks like DropBox is going through some API changes, which might affect the DropBox Uploader script that the camera code relies on.

Could you try using the script manually from the command line? Something like this:

Code: Select all

./dropbox_uploader.sh upload /home/pi/name_of_upload_file name_of_upload_file
If that succeeds, most likely a problem in the camera code. If it fails, the uploader script may need some revision. From the nature of the error message, I'm guessing it's the latter...please let me know what you find, thanks.

rockman55

Re: PiTFT Learn DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

Post by rockman55 »

I tried the script as you suggested and still am getting the FAILED error. Tried again and finally got the script to tell me to go to browser and log in to the developers app location. When I got there I could barely read what was on the screen since I have the PiTFT monitor on my Pi. I input the info into my desktop computer and it asked me to download the DropBox app, I did this and then went to the Pi again and started the cam.py program and tried to set the Dropbox location and when I took a picture it hangs and the terminal that I have attached on my PC show the script running and telling me that the verification has FAILED. Not sure what to do at this point. Please let me know what other steps I can try to fix this problem.
Thanks,
Danny

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”