PITFT 2097 ON RPI 2 ISSUES

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Angelo97ITA

PITFT 2097 ON RPI 2 ISSUES

Post by Angelo97ITA »

Hi all guys, some days ago i received my order:
-RPI 2
-PITFT 3.5" (2097)
-WiFi Antenna USB
-Power Bank 2200mAh
-Acrylic case
Let me tell you what is my project, i want to make a portable kali linux or maybe backtrack RPI 2 system. To wear like a watch in my left arm :D
All things works fine and perfect, but my PITFT when connected to GPIO ports and powered up, the screen is white stuck.
Is the 2097 PITFT only for RPI and not for RPI 2? Can someone tell me how to properly connect it?
Many thanks guys, and good day!

N2EPi

Re: PITFT 2097 ON RPI 2 ISSUES

Post by N2EPi »

Hello I also purchased a Pi2 with the 2097 and believe I'm having the same issue i tried the easy image install then the semi easy with some command line interface with my own image and then i tried the detail install and encountering the same problem.

Angelo97ITA

Post by Angelo97ITA »

In the website they say that is fully compatible with raspberry pi 2... but doesn't seems for me...
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2097

N2EPi

Post by N2EPi »

yeah when i was looking into the screens i chose the 3.5 and saw there were two types this one and the one that is meant for the b+ and Pi2, Pi2 was sold out and not wanting a smaller or bigger screen went to look at this one saw it was compatible and went for it I've been reading some other posts I'll try to generate some links in a little bit what I'm thinking of doing is running the other version of updates that work with no touch screen if you put Pi2 white into the search box you get a slew of post I read almost all of them some helpful things in there not sure how applicable they are now but look into it maybe a step in the right direction.

Angelo97ITA

Post by Angelo97ITA »

Ok, but i payed for a screen "Fully RPI 2 working" that when i connect in my RPI 2 is totally white and no signal? I tryed all OS'es and kernel patch for PITFT but always white stuck screen...
Anyone knows the right GPIO connectors to connect PITFT 2097 to RPI 2 and how to make it work with full touch support?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Kali Linux kernel doesn't contain drivers necessary to make the PiTFT work.

Try using one of the Easy Install OS images from the display's tutorial and let's make sure the hardware is working properly:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... sy-install

N2EPi

Post by N2EPi »

Hi I did this once before and now that you suggested it with the link you sent and it doesnt work skips the hdmi and goes straight to the pi but blank screen do i need to configure anything?

Angelo97ITA

Post by Angelo97ITA »

Hardware working properly? I buyed this new by you some days ago! It NEEDS to be working!
I am going to try this easy install image...

Angelo97ITA

Post by Angelo97ITA »

With easy tft image the screen works, but no touch supported...

N2EPi

Post by N2EPi »

hey how did you get the screen to work i got the image but maybe i missed a step can you help me out?

N2EPi

Post by N2EPi »

i got mine to work i had to install another way but mine is also working with touch. what process did you use to install?

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”