pitft capacative touchscreen weird

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Bel_Z_Bub

pitft capacative touchscreen weird

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

I just got a piftf capacitive, the older version for the B/A. I installed it with the new adafruit-ptft-helper but the touchscreen registers wrong values no matter what I try in my code. then I tried pushing the (kinda loose) screen with something that doesnt work with capacitive, and it registers touches as well like something is shortcutting.

I reseated the flex cable. took the screen off carefully, and when I lift it up from the pcb and angle it a bit, it works sometimes but when I release it or stick it back on the pcb (with the still kinda sticky tape) it starts acting weird again. I think something is wrong in the cable itself

what can I do?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: pitft capacative touchscreen weird

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please post some pictures of the cable and the connection to the board

Bel_Z_Bub

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

Thanks for the quick reply!

here's the cable:

and here's the connection to the board:

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Weird. Let's try replacing it.
Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement capacitive PiTFT

Bel_Z_Bub

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

will do, thanks very much!

Bel_Z_Bub

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

while waiting on my replacement I ordered a second one from my local dealer, as I want to build two versions of my project anyway and so I could continue my prototype. But this time the touch screen works great but the lcd has flickering vertical blue lines when displaying dark pictures etc or running python frame buffer code, and the bottom of the screen shifts to one side.. I can try to make a video if you want.

At first I thought it was because I use a higher refresh- and framerate but the one with the defective touchscreen works great other than the touch part. as well as all my other resistive 2.8" pitfts.

I must add this one came very poorly assembled. the screen came dangling on the board despite it had double tape on the back. (instead of the usual two narrow strips on the side it also had two wide strips in the center) and the flex connector wasnt locked

as a test I exchanged screens on both pitft's hoping the touch problem is in the board and the lcd problem maybe in the screen or vice versa but had the same results.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

yeah can you post a video or photo? it would be helpful to see what you're seeing. thx!

Bel_Z_Bub

Post by Bel_Z_Bub »

thanks again for the quick response! here's a video just showing a simple clock

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

wow that is really weird

ok plz email support@adafruit for a new one

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”