DPI Kippah 7" display gone blank!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
k6rtm

DPI Kippah 7" display gone blank!

Post by k6rtm »

I have a Pi 2 with a DPI Kippah and 7 inch LCD from Adafruit. It hangs on my wall and runs 24 by 7.

A few days ago, the LCD went blank! The backlight is still lit. Rebooting brings up a backlit blank display.

I reinstalled the dt-blob.bin on to /boot, checked config.txt, reboot, and still no display!

Connections look solid (wiggled and reseated everything with power off, still no display).

(DPI Kippah and 7" LCD Order #760137-8277505512 April 12, 2015)

Suggestions as to where to start debugging this one?

Thanks for super products and support!

Bob k6rtm

adafruit_support_rick

Re: DPI Kippah 7" display gone blank!

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please post some pictures of both sides of the Kippah

k6rtm

Post by k6rtm »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:Please post some pictures of both sides of the Kippah
Here are photos of both sides of the Kippah board--
Front of DPI Kippah
Front of DPI Kippah
IMG_2172.jpeg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Back of DPI Kippah
Back of DPI Kippah
IMG_2173.jpeg (96.76 KiB) Viewed 250 times
--bob

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

there was a change a few months ago with the kernel, and the kernel is updating constantly as well. So, mind starting over with a spare 4G fresh 'raspbian' card and retrying the process from scratch?

k6rtm

Post by k6rtm »

adafruit2 wrote:there was a change a few months ago with the kernel, and the kernel is updating constantly as well. So, mind starting over with a spare 4G fresh 'raspbian' card and retrying the process from scratch?
This Pi 2 is a production system -- updates are not automatic; I do them manually. As far as I know, the underlying system image didn't change when the display went blank.

What version of raspbian would you like me to try? The 2015-05-05 3.18 image from the Raspberry Pi site?

--bob

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”