startx

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
godeleb

startx

Post by godeleb »

I am new to the raspberry pi. I recently purchased a 1 x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Starter Pack - Includes a Raspberry Pi 2[ID:2380].

I was doing some of the Adafruit lessons. Not startx just gives me a blank screen. How can I tell if this is a hardware issue or a linux issue?

godeleb

Re: startx

Post by godeleb »

Now startx gives me a blank screen.

paulf8080

Post by paulf8080 »

Which screen is blank? HDMI, AV, TFT

What screen are typing to? SSH, console or above

godeleb

Post by godeleb »

HDMI is blank. I am typing directly to the pi, not using SSH or a console cable.

godeleb

Post by godeleb »

In raspi-config I expanded the size of the operating system and now I have startx.

paulf8080

Post by paulf8080 »

PasqualeD wrote:In raspi-config I expanded the size of the operating system and now I have startx.
Excellent.I make a lot of wild guesses and I get very few responses. I wish people would reply more often whether they fix a problem or not. So thanks for the reply.

godeleb

Post by godeleb »

Thank you for your help.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”