Retro pie and Adafruit TFT 320x240

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
WeenieHut

Retro pie and Adafruit TFT 320x240

Post by WeenieHut »

So I recently purchased a adafruit tft! I have a Raspberry Pi 2, and I am trying to make a handheld gaming device. I followed the detailed installation page that was offered.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pit ... stallation

I got to where my screen turns from white to black, the only part I had trouble with is the part where I had to move the file using command " sudo mv /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf ~ " It acted as if the file didn't exist, the installation is a bit older and I'm wondering if the new Retro Pie dosen't work with it.. I haven't seen any handheld raspberry pi 2 gaming devices and I'm starting to worry... :( Hope to hear from you, thanks.

EDIT: I am using a Raspberry Pi 2, A 2.8' Adafruit TFT and am trying to use Retro Pie 3.4

ANOTHER EDIT: So I found PiGrrl2, and I have Retro pie 2.6 up and running! Cool, thanks! I'm wondering if there are future plans to update to the newer Retro Pie?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Retro pie and Adafruit TFT 320x240

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

WeenieHut wrote:I got to where my screen turns from white to black, the only part I had trouble with is the part where I had to move the file using command " sudo mv /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf ~ " It acted as if the file didn't exist,
That's a good thing. Ingore the error message and move on.

The file can cause problems if it's there, but if you don't have one it can't get in the way.
WeenieHut wrote:ANOTHER EDIT: So I found PiGrrl2, and I have Retro pie 2.6 up and running! Cool, thanks! I'm wondering if there are future plans to update to the newer Retro Pie?
Eventually, but first we have to make the hardware work with Jessie. The kernel migration changed a lot of things under the hood.

WeenieHut

Post by WeenieHut »

Thanks for the reply Mike, I worked on it endlessly all day finding sources and I've finally done it. I've got a mini metal slug machine. :)

adafruit_support_mike

Glad to hear it's working for you. Have fun with it!

WeenieHut

Post by WeenieHut »

adafruit_support_mike

Nice build! Thanks for posting.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”