The new Raspberry Pi B Model B+ is here - Pick one up in the store and check our detailed guide!

My Sparkle Universe Skirt

by tabbycat on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:37 pm

I just finished the last test with my first wearables project and it all works! I was captivated by the Sparkle Skirt tutorial, so I decided to jump head first into wearable electronics with this project.

In the Dark

Spinning on a 5 second exposure, also accidental light painting!

I had every intention of just following the tutorial, but after running the final strand test I decided I wanted it lit up at all times! I'm still learning the Arduino stuff so for the moment I've just programmed it to run rainbows until I can code it to fade between 3 or 4 colors, possibly based on motion or even direction since I did stitch the accelerometer in!

I wanted to make my Flora interchangeable with other projects (little did I know how many I would have at this point) but I can't solder yet so I made it into a sort of badge. Below you can see my awful embroidering around the edges of my 'Flora Badge' and the snaps for the accelerometer badge (I put that onto iron-on patch fabric, which eliminated the need for heavy embroidered edges.)

tabbycat

Re: My Sparkle Universe Skirt

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:53 am

Beautiful! Thanks for posting :D
I had every intention of just following the tutorial,

But you kept going and are making it your own. Awesome!
adafruit_support_bill

Re: My Sparkle Universe Skirt

by bekathwia on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:05 am

So cool, thank you so much for sharing!
bekathwia