Space Invader Pendant
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Space Invader Pendant

by richa1 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I made a pendant for my girlfriend as a Halloween present. The animation was changed to an eye that blinks and looks around. I really wanted it not to just loop the same animation so I set out to create a few animations for the pendant to cycle through at random including a few longer blackout periods. I am still rather new to the coding side of this and didn't understand some of the code, but here is the version I have working as of now.

https://github.com/RichardA1/Trinket_8x8_LED_matrix/tree/master/Eye_ball_random_charm

If anyone want's to help me streamline this a bit, it would be appreciated. I'll post photos of the pendant later and maybe come up with a 3D printed enclosure or something.

Thanks,
Rich A+
Richard A+

richa1

Re: Space Invader Pendant

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:42 am

Oh yeah.. we definitely want photos! ;-)
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike

by richa1 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Here are some photos of the pendant.

I didn't have a project box that small so I just cut up the Adafruit box and hot glue gunned it up. I had some window tinting laying around to darken the unlit LEDs. The frame and other stuff was just in my junk bins.

This is using a lithium Ion battery attached to a charging board. The switch on the side lets you turn it on or off and the button is attached to the reset on the Trinket. I made sure to cut a slot so I can access the mini USB on the Trinket to reprogram it.
Richard A+

richa1

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Beautiful work! Thanks for posting :D
adafruit_support_bill

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 am

That is gorgeous!
When you void a product warranty, you give up your right to sue the manufacturer if something goes wrong and accept full responsibility for whatever happens next. And then you truly own the product.
adafruit_support_mike