Copy Paste into IDE

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
JDorman

Copy Paste into IDE

Post by JDorman »

OK, I'm new to the Arduino IDE. I found sample code for the Flora FireWalkers which was displayed in the wearables information. When I did a copy paste into the IDE everything was on one line. Within the line on what should be the individual lines of the code a number preceeds the code.
To get things going I manually inserted CR/LF and then deleted the 1. 2. 3. ... 156. numbers. Surely there is a better way.
Or..................... Is there a location where the code can be dowloaded in a format that can be opened by the IDE ???

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Copy Paste into IDE

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You're talking about the code on this page?
https://learn.adafruit.com/firewalker-l ... alker-code
It shouldn't have any line numbers. Just click "Copy Code" in the upper right corner of the code window. Then you can paste it into the IDE.

JDorman

Post by JDorman »

OK, I see it.
It would be nice if the "copy code" were more prominently displayed, i.e. Blue Text on a white background ?

JDorman

Post by JDorman »

Sometimes there is a delay before the "copy code" appears in the code window. When I used the link provided, the display of the "copy code" in the upper right corner was delayed. One time, it never appeared until I went to another webpage and then came back to the code page.

JDorman

Post by JDorman »

"Copy Code" seems to work on my MAC.
BUT........... I just logged into the url above on a PC and after 15 minutes the "copy code" never appeared in the upper right of the code window.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Interesting. We just switched to a new system, and there are still some bugs to work out. I'll pass your observations along to the development team!

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

We'll get the 'copy code' link cleaned up in the near future. Thanks for the feedback!

The copy code requires a small flash file in order to copy the contents to your clipboard. If you don't have flash installed, or are blocking flash, this feature is disabled. It can take a second or two to load the copy code feature as well, as there is a delay when enabling it (by design).

Thanks!

Justin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”