Problems with upload to flora using Codebender

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Terra911

Problems with upload to flora using Codebender

Post by Terra911 »

Hi there,

Im trying to upload a new program to my flora but every time there is the message: "Trying Arduino Leonardo auto-reset. If it does not reset automatically please reset the Arduino manually!"

When I push the reset button sometimes there is the message upload successful but the there is still just the old program.

For example: I tried the code from the tutorial of the iron man arc reactor. After several times of unplug...plugin the code worked on my flora an the led looked good. After this I wanted to try to change color to pink like in the video. But the code on the flora stays the same even after a successful upload, still blue.

Did someone else got the problem?

Best Regards

tzikis

Re: Problems with upload to flora using Codebender

Post by tzikis »

Hey Terra911,
this is Vasilis from codebender. neither of us (adafruit & codebender) could replicate the issue, so i'd like to see if I can help.

i'd like to start with the fact that you need to press the reset button, which shouldn't happen too often. what happens if you don't press reset? does the flora reboot? if so, it should so fade the onboard LED for a few seconds. even if it doesn't reboot all the time, it should do so more frequently than not.

it's a very strange issue you're getting, because theoretically there's just no way that you can get a "successful upload" without an actual successful upload :/

I'd like to see if we can learn more about the issue. Would you mind going to https://codebender.cc/static/walkthrough/page/4? Selecting Adafruit FLORA and programming your board should work fine. If not, we have some extra error reporting on that page that might give us some info. Even better if you do this while logged in

Terra911

Re: Problems with upload to flora using Codebender

Post by Terra911 »

Hey tzikis,

When I don´t press reset the upload will fail every time and flora will not reboot. The procedure is as follow: Rx LED blinks after than Tx LED is on for 2 sec and then it fails.
I followed the instructions from the video from adafruit, also selected flora as my board.

I solved the problem for me by using Arduino. So far no problems its rebooting fine and works every time.

I have a guess in Arduino I´m using Port \dev\tty.usbmodem14221. In Codebender is just the \dev\cu.usbmodem14221 Port.
Screenshot 2014-08-21 15.49.42.png
Screenshot 2014-08-21 15.49.42.png (245.97 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Screenshot 2014-08-21 15.49.13.png
Screenshot 2014-08-21 15.49.13.png (263.29 KiB) Viewed 259 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”