Gemma No Red Light No Boot Mode

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jtriker9

Gemma No Red Light No Boot Mode

Post by jtriker9 »

I havehad a Gemma (2) for a while now. But one is not letting me into Bootloader Mode to reprogram it. I had loaded the Gemma Hoops program on it and was working well. Battery died so I replaced it and that is where the issue arose. So I thought battery dead again so I hooked up the USB cable, Green light came on, pc made connection noise then got USB error (unrecognized usb device). switched cables same thing, swapped ports (3) same thing. Tried different pc smae results. How can I get it fixed or am sol with it. Don't want to have to buy a UNO to reload bootloader. Please Help.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Gemma No Red Light No Boot Mode

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It could be a corrupted bootloader. Unlike the larger Arduino processors, the ATTiny85 does not have protection against overwriting the bootloader.
These instructions work for both Trinket and Gemma: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader

jtriker9

Post by jtriker9 »

I don't have an UNO to do the reprogramming. And buying one just to do that is not in my current budget. is there another way?

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You would need either an Arduino or a USBTinyISP:
https://learn.adafruit.com/flora-and-gemma-isp

jtriker9

Post by jtriker9 »

Ok Purchased an UNO, loaded sketch to UNO and got Terminal program to show "Type 'G'..." it started loads but failed at "fuse verify". I did the load several times with same results. Can I get a replacement? Delay in responding was due to vacation.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”