Gemma Not Recognized by Windows 7

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
legomyth

Gemma Not Recognized by Windows 7

Post by legomyth »

Hello,

I've been struggling for several days now to get my Gemmas to connect successfully to my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I have five gemmas, and only one of them is working.

When I plug in one of the four non-working Gemmas, my computer immediately pops up an alert saying the device has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. In device manager, it lists an "Unknown Device", and when I try to manually install the driver, the wizard says that the latest driver for the device is already installed. What's odd is that none of the four Gemmas seem to go into bootloading mode. The red LED lights dimly for about a second, then turns off.

One of these Gemmas is brand new. The other three have been successfully programmed before on a different computer. Any ideas?

legomyth

Re: Gemma Not Recognized by Windows 7

Post by legomyth »

Since posting, I've tried the tutorial for re-flashing the bootloader on one of the non-working Gemmas as shown in the Trinket tutorial here: https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader

It still isn't going into bootloader mode when connected to the computer.

legomyth

Re: Gemma Not Recognized by Windows 7

Post by legomyth »

Alright, this issue is resolved. Using a powered USB Hub took care of the issue, and all of my Gemmas are working again.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”