Gemma & Win 8.1

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
AlanCM

Gemma & Win 8.1

Post by AlanCM »

I hope not! I love this company. But my experience with Gemma makes me think it might.

I have invested several hundreds of dollars and many, many hours trying to get the Gemma to work under Win 8.1 and, now, Win 7 but nothing has worked. I have been all over this forum looking for solutions and have tried numerous ideas. I find people asking the same questions, often repeatedly - how to get Gemma to run. The same people ask Adafruit to assign staff to provide guidance. Adafruit's only response is to post a half-hearted, outdated, inconclusive (and thereby, mis-leading) thread on the forum (spend an hour- you'll eventually find it) inviting their customers to post their experiences trying to upload to Gemma. When you ask for guidance you are directed to the same dead end solution.

I would be 'okay' with an official announcement that "it can't be done. ************* the Gemma only works under the following conditions: ...., ...., etc". Then, I would at least give Adafruit credit for being up-front. As it is, I and many others, read the same well-meaning, but poorly-advised counsel of the forum administrators.

Limor, get this thing corrected. I love what you are doing. But, be straight with me. Should I ditch this Gemma/Windows exercise? Or, will you assign staff to clarify this murky situation and then post the results for all to see?

Best to you,
Alan Mitchell

adafruit2

Re: Will Adafruit's success be limited by poor product suppo

Post by adafruit2 »

hiya we've had thousands use the gemma with windows 7, in fact, gemma and trinket were developed on win 7! :)

please post up a new thread with any screenshots, photos, etc.

it could be your gemma in which case we'll replace it, or it could be something else. if we get detailed information we can advise you in the best way possible

AlanCM

Re: Gemma & Win 8.1

Post by AlanCM »

Original post title: Will Adafruit's success be limited by poor product support?

Why did you change the title of my post? It was intended to prompt guidance from Adafruit for the benefit of all users, not only me.

adafruit

Re: Gemma & Win 8.1

Post by adafruit »

we'd like to assist you with this specific issue with windows 8.1 and gemma, if you'd like we can just issue a refund for that portion of your order.

thanks,
adafruit support

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”