Gemma FireWalker Shoes - How do I change the color scheme?

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TopHatRaver

Gemma FireWalker Shoes - How do I change the color scheme?

Post by TopHatRaver »

I thought I saw a posting or video describing how to change the color scheme on the new Gemma version of the firewalker shoes but I cannot find it again. Currently they flow rainbow colors which is awesome but I'm considering putting a switch on them to allow the wearer to choose the rainbow or the red/orange/yellow fire color. I'm not even sure if there is enough memory space on the Gemma to do this, but worth a try.

logan42

Re: Gemma FireWalker Shoes - How do I change the color schem

Post by logan42 »

i know that there is a example in the neopixel library showing how to change patterns using a push button. you could try modifying that if nothing else.

Mariejones13

Post by Mariejones13 »

If you don't mind, can you please help me with my firewalk sneakers I'm not sure how to connect my rgbw neopixel strip to Gemma board because the neopixel has a connector on it with a black and red wire

TopHatRaver

Post by TopHatRaver »

I cut those wires off at the end of the strip and soldered my own silicon wires to the strip. This was better as the silicon wires are far more flexible and easier to work with when attaching/sewing them to the shoes. If you're adding the individual LED's to your strips, double check the connections/solder joints. I've had mine fail twice now. Good luck!

TopHatRaver

Post by TopHatRaver »

I found the posting which shows how to change the color scheme on the original Flora FireWalker Shoes but that code is far different from the one used for the Gemma Lite version of the shoes and I don't believe that would work. I'm looking to make them more like the originals - which really look like Fire but I'm struggling to understand and modify the Gemma coding to accomplish this. Any help, guidance, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”