Gemma Showing Up in Devices but not IDE

Wearable electronics: boards, conductive materials, and projects from Adafruit!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Heir_To_Windhelm

Gemma Showing Up in Devices but not IDE

Post by Heir_To_Windhelm »

I'm currently trying to build the Audio Reactive Mask with my Gemma board. My computer recognizes it as a Trinket, the red LED is pulsing like it should, but the Arduino IDE does not let me select the com port for the board. I have it in a USB 2.0 port. Is there a secondary program I need to download to get it to upload my program?

caitlinsdad

Re: Gemma Showing Up in Devices but not IDE

Post by caitlinsdad »

There is a TRINKET section of the forums, GEMMA is essentially the same board.

Go back to look up the Learning system tutorial to see how to load the drivers. I think you have to know if you have the old Adafruit Gemma or a new teal Arduino Gemma which the drivers are different. Good luck.

Heir_To_Windhelm

caitlinsdad wrote:There is a TRINKET section of the forums, GEMMA is essentially the same board.

Go back to look up the Learning system tutorial to see how to load the drivers. I think you have to know if you have the old Adafruit Gemma or a new teal Arduino Gemma which the drivers are different. Good luck.
Using the Adafruit version. I have installed the Drivers for the Gemma. I did that as soon as I plugged the board in. I have the proper libraries installed, and I've selected "Adafruit Gemma" and "USBtinyISP selected. I just can't select a com port for the upload.

caitlinsdad

Post by caitlinsdad »

Only suggestions to try are switching out the USB cable/ USB port and maybe hitting the reset button until the computer recognizes it. What version IDE and computer(mac/pc) are you using?

Heir_To_Windhelm

caitlinsdad wrote:Only suggestions to try are switching out the USB cable/ USB port and maybe hitting the reset button until the computer recognizes it. What version IDE and computer(mac/pc) are you using?
Windows 8 OS. The IDE I'm using is Arduino 1.6.7. The USB cable I have works fine with my Flora and like I said, the computer is recognizing it and it's in bootloader mode. It even tells me what COM port it's on at the bottom of the IDE window. I just can't select which port to upload to when I try to upload the code.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wearables”