bluefruit problem

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
UNO

Re: bluefruit problem

Post by UNO »

well knock me down with a feather it does work

the disc they hand out with these Bluetooth dongles should not be loaded as they will interfere with the process

I just went into the uninstall section of windows and uninstalled the entire thing (the Bluetooth disc with CSR hamony)

with a fatalistic feeling I then went looking for Bluetooth devices and the adafruit popped up straightaway, after linking I saw a good sign - it was connected, CSR harmony was blocking the adafruit module

I opened up the arduino programme and then found "blink", I modified the programme so that the arduino would give a short blink and a long pause.

I uploaded - another good sign - for the first time I saw the bluefruit module wink excitedly

then praise be bluefruit the LED linked to pin 13 had a short blink and a long pause - the arduino programme told me that the programme had uploaded

ps make sure you are using the right port to communicate on - I discovered it was COM 7 and it worked perfectly

so it really goes to show - there is an answer here

I've found the adafruit site more useful than the arduino site in general anyway

UNO

Post by UNO »

a Bluetooth dongle you might have bought is just pushed into the laptop - cold, without any discs; windows goes looking for its own solution and uploads it

the Bluetooth dongle seems to work just fine then

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Glad to hear it worked for you!

UNO

Post by UNO »

so am I!

I have been playing with the bluefruit module

I've been able to talk to a 9V battery powered UNO via the bluefruit from a range to at least 20m (house wasn't long enough, laptop battery died ages ago - long story)

this is line of sight though, if you are trying to use Bluetooth through walls/ other rooms - forget it - you wouldn't expect it to.

next mission? soldering up the boarduino

the thing that got me in were the you tube instructionals about the Bluetooth/ boarduino - people need to see how it all fits together ideally a case of monkey see , monkey do - or it all gets very time consuming - so adafruit has that one worked out

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”