A Call to the First 100 List Waiters

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
llyal2000

A Call to the First 100 List Waiters

Post by llyal2000 »

For those who are taking the plunge and will get one of the first 100 XoxBox kits.

If you find time, it would be awesome if some of you could make some sound demos that focus on the 303 squelch. Squelch? Think of early 90s hard techno- fast slides, talkbox filtering, nervous sequence lines. No need to make left-right comparison tracks with an original 303- we know what a 303 should sound like. Unfortunately, the current Ladyada demos are a little weak demonstrating this aspect of the 303 "voice". Hearing the XoxBox pass the "squelch test" would convince skeptics like myself that this is the "real deal".

It would also be good if some of you could run tests comparing the XoxBox internal sequencer to a MIDI sequence. Can you achieve identical results? Knowing that MIDI can be used for all of one's 303 sequencing needs would be a great boon for creativity.

Happy soldering!

--Llyal

digital assault

Once the next batch is ready I'll test it!

Post by digital assault »

I don't think I made it on the list for this batch but I have a 303 and would like to sync it up my FR Revolution, then try the sync on the finished xoxbox and check out the the comparison... Exact knob setting comparisons as well... Lots of fun!

It's a bit hard not knowing where we are on the list though...

I am really looking forward to trying one out!

Had back surgury a couple of months ago so I'm stuck spending a lot of time in bed. Spending it there with some good quality headphones and a good piece of gear make it not just bareable but sometimes fun!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”