Just got an xoxbox from andy pledger of MARS/P7

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
haggisboy

Just got an xoxbox from andy pledger of MARS/P7

Post by haggisboy »

Hi all, just thought id let you know about a guy I bought an xoxbox off before xmas after a lot of reading on this forum for info as I don't have the knowledge or skills to do it myself and also looking on youtube and talking to the guys on the elektrons forum.

I didn't know who he was at first as initially he only invited me to his house so he could explain what he'd done and how he had done it as he was very proud of his creations, custom front slanted aluminium cases/30mm wider on either side for mods and custom anodised paint jobs, custom knobs with xoxbox on them and chrome yes chrome side panels, so anyway I was suitably impressed that I bought one (was a bit boring and got black with white decals and aluminium side panels and knobs as I wanted it to match my elektrons lol)

Anyway I was surfing the net and came across a site with this guys name on it and he is actually was behind syntheticmusicsystems.com and the MARS and P7 synthesizers.

So I thought Id give you a shout out about his xoxbox's as he definately knows his stuff and his boxes look brilliant, hes selling them on ebay at the moment for £450 plus p&p but im trying to get him to build a proper site and offer even more options to you guys

I hope this helps out any of you in that are in the market for one :) :) :) :) :)

cheers ross

keithv

Re: Just got an xoxbox from andy pledger of MARS/P7

Post by keithv »

I also bought one of Andy's x0x's. Very good build, can defo recommend him.

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

Links would prove useful =o]

haggisboy

Post by haggisboy »

sorry because I am new i didn't want to upset anybody by putting up info that could be construed as advertising or stuff like that

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/x0xb0x-Roland-TB3 ... 262wt_1139

or you can contact andy direct at [email protected]

or you can go to his old website to see what his standard is at http://syntheticmusicsystems.com/

ive also talked to andy about extreme custom boxes ie/ artists painting them first(by real artists),getting abstract vinyl finishes ,one offs and very individual design, these would cost a bit more but he is trying to create something new and exciting,he will even get a unit anodised to match your favourite drum machine or synth, im even trying to get him to do a vibrant pink with black side panels and custom black knobs,anything is just about possible contact him direct or speak to me as I speak to him about once a week

cheers ross
:D :D :D :D :D

CountRockula

Post by CountRockula »

I wonder if he would sell just the cases for them? They would look great with some wood sides.

haggisboy

Post by haggisboy »

hi count the boxes were actually very expensive to produce and i have tried to get andy to sell them individually but he wants to sell his units whole at the moment, but why dont you send him an email and discuss it personally.

[email protected]

jordanstoner

Post by jordanstoner »

Just wanted to pop in and say I just received my x0x from Andy yesterday. It looks great and sounds amazing - and most importantly, Andy is the sweetest guy I've ever had the pleasure of buying gear from. He took a lot of extra steps for my build (I had a BA662a shipped to him instead of using the BA6110 as well as a few 733AP's, and he replaced some of the standard film caps in the audio path for electrolytic upon my request), and his communication has been absolutely stellar. Can't say enough good things about my experience!

Here's a pic of this BANNED beast:
Andy Pledger's custom x0x build
Andy Pledger's custom x0x build
x0x.jpg (999.62 KiB) Viewed 5267 times

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Hey, Stoner

Looks killer!

Keep in touch dude.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”