303 and x0xb0x question, note on and ties.

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Damo303

303 and x0xb0x question, note on and ties.

Post by Damo303 »

Been playing around with the x0xb0x and a TB-303 for a while now. Love them both!

I know this is a x0xb0x forum but I have a cheeky question about the 303 that someone here will be able to answer:

I downloaded a pattern sheet for the 303 which is very useful, however, i've figured out how to go go through all my steps and write down what notes, accents, transposes and slides i've programmed but the one thing I cant seem to figure is - how do you re-trace what note on, tie and rest information you have programmed? Is that possible because I was quite random with some of the patterns.

And it seems that the x0xb0x doesn't have the 'tie' option so how is it possible to replicate the same patterns i've programmed on the 303 on the x0xb0x? I've tried adding slides after the note where the tie should be but this didn't work so i'm thinking its not always possible to replicate a pattern on x0xb0x from the 303.

antto

Re: 303 and x0xb0x question, note on and ties.

Post by antto »

to see your note-on/tie/rest on the 303 - you do this in "time mode"
in pattern write mode - press time, then use the NEXT button to see each "step"

on the x0xb0x (with either stock firmware or sokkos) the pattern format is different, there is no "tie"
instead, the patterns are simply arrays of steps (no sepparate pitch and time modes like on the 303)

but still, patterns from the 303 can be replicated on the x0xb0x, with only the difference that when you have a tie - you'll have to use the slide and add the same note again as many times as it needs
this "convertion" that you'll have to do manually is kinda annoying and might be confusing especialy in cases where the pattern has (for example) a double tied slid note :mrgreen:

one more exception, triplet mode patterns, these (afaik) are not available in the x0x firmwares i mentioned above

on the other hand, there is another firmware for the x0xb0x which aims to bring back the original pattern format of the 303 (n0nx0x) but it's still in beta stage (under developement)
it also aims to build even more very cool features on top of that (but will require a CPU mod for the x0x)

Damo303

Post by Damo303 »

ok great thanks, that really helps.

I'd like to keep an eye on this x0xb0x firmware upgrade, where can I keep track on the developments for this?

antto

Post by antto »

n0nx0x?
the official discussion is in the x0xm0dz section of the forum
developement right now is paused, we are waiting for the other project (cpu-mod) to become available, once i have it, i can continue developement (and i'll need beta testers, as i don't have any gear to test it with, guys here have 808s 606s 909s and other nice stuff which is perfect for testing sync modes and stuff)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”