x0xio problem update

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mayday

x0xio problem update

Post by mayday »

Hi
So i got in touch with brain BANNED and it turns out its not one of his x0xio someone else is making them too { they borrowed the idea of him it seems )
so its still not working .ive sent it to someone who has built many xox to look at it and the first thing he noticed is that its says 5v ac power not the usual 9v has anyone heard of this ?

Thanks
Last edited by mayday on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: x0xio problem update

Post by guest »

never heard of that
do you have any pictures of the internals
im curious whats going on in there

mayday

Post by mayday »

hi i have no pictures at the moment ive sent it to a guy who knows what hes doing

this is the e mail i got off him regarding what hes found out so far

1st thing i did was hooked up the usb, My laptop running vista Found the x0x & installed usb driver okay, i then set it up on com 9 on x0xb0x control 1.1, then i attempted to update firmware to sokkos, to see if it would help, but i came across your problem that it would not update, after carefully looking i realised that the direction arrows on the 2 main BANk & MODE knobs on your x0xi0 are upside down, for some reason on this x0xi0 the switches are 180 degrees out to standard builds, This is why you could not update as when you were selecting bootload you were actually selecting DINsync & BANK was on 9 instead of 1,

Anyhow i updated it to sokkos (: & then reset it But something is still clearly wrong as it is humming & buzzing badly even when the sequencer is not running & i noticed upon 1st powerup that the red led next to the power on off switch did not light up, unfortunately i have the awful feeling that incorrect power adapter has been used with this resulting in some sort of damadge,
even with the knobs the wrong way round & the older firmware it should have still worked in some fashion,

i still find it strange that its clearly marked up 5volts dc, i will see what Brian BANNED tells me tommorow, but yet you tell me he has been in contact with you today about this & claims all his build's run of 9 volt DC input.

the pcb's are not adafruit design & look very different to the standard x0x layout Including alot of the compopnents, i noticed on brians website that he sells custom pcb's tailored to work with his mod kit's, i think that must be what your x0xi0 is.

So where do we go from here, i could try to look for burnt out components could be an easy fix or it could be time consuming, i will check my email tommorow in order to get a clearer picture.

Best wishes Jamie (:

mayday

Post by mayday »

Hi i couldnt upload pics onto here so i added them to photo bucket heres the page if your intrested
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m62 ... 976/xoxio/
Thanks

Thanks to jamie for taking the pics and sending them to me

Post by guest »

ive never seen those before
and i dont think its a standard x0xio
the battery is hilarious
someone should tell them that you shouldnt use
the word fire in your company name

it has a switching powersupply
so either under or over voltaging it
could have damaged it
but if all the supply rails are fine
then its probably ok

otherwise if its working fine
but just noisey
i might chalk that up to poor layout

altitude

Post by altitude »

Last edited by altitude on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mayday

Re: x0xio problem update (5v dc battery)

Post by mayday »

thanks for replys
i spoke to the guy who i bought it off and its meant to be run off 5v dc and its a rechargable battery that can last one an hallf hours ?
ive never seen one of them before
im stuck now because we dont know what to look for and i dont know if sometfing is burnt out ? im sure putting 9v ac into it cant be good
i need to speak to the guy who built it but so far no idea who he is but according to the guy i bought from this guy makes many of these and standard x0x

thanks

xlarge

Post by xlarge »

90mins on that? 5v dc?

If that's the case, i want one.

Post by guest »

if the person has schematics posted someplace
i could give suggestions on where to look

mayday

Post by mayday »

im still trying to find out who built the thing yet . hopefully we can schemetics off him . i got this e mail off jamie whos trying to fix it for me
, a little bit of progess but not there yet

I took some time today & had one more look at it, As the internal batt is not charging i decided to connect an external 5 volt battery to it & everything seems to work & sound as it should, However i then tried to connect the same 5volt battery supply yo the proper input on rear panel & it works but there is still interference, i think this is due to the damaged charging / psu circuits, probably a faulty transistor, but there all tiny surface mount & i have no spares anyway, it would be best if we could get the seller to send a complete I/O board the one with the battery on, & hopefully it will be okay.

Please let me know what you want to do? i will store it safe for now until you decide, alternatively i can send it back to the company for you or back to you, will just need some dosh to pay for postage, I have uploaded the sokkos & reffited the knobs aswell as find out what has gone wrong so some progress has been made,

thanks for replys so far everyone

mayday

Post by mayday »

i managed to speak to the guy who built the x0xio a guy called Maarten from holland and he very kindly is going to repair the fault for me ,he seems to know whats gone wrong , so lets hope i can finally get this thing rocking again soon .
And yes it runs off a battery for upto one and half hours
Thanks for your help everyone and when i get it back and working il post a you tube clip of it in action

xlarge

Post by xlarge »

mayday wrote:i managed to speak to the guy who built the x0xio a guy called Maarten from holland and he very kindly is going to repair the fault for me ,he seems to know whats gone wrong , so lets hope i can finally get this thing rocking again soon .
And yes it runs off a battery for upto one and half hours
Thanks for your help everyone and when i get it back and working il post a you tube clip of it in action
Great! But... I still want one.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Just bought myself one of those (2nd hand) made in holland by Maarten, mainly because I was curious about them and BC's x0xI0 build docs are still not finished.

Will have it by next week, so might be able to provide insight/assistance by then.

mayday

Post by mayday »

Just got a e mail of maarten to say hes fixed the xoxio and has posted it to me today so hopefully il have in 4 days !
Maarteen says hes made several of these and has a couple left ,and he will be building ones with aluminium cases next
I dont think he has a website but i have his e mail address if anyone needs it

Darf fader dont use the wrong psu like i did !!!!

thanks

rv0

Post by rv0 »

mayday wrote:Darf fader dont use the wrong psu like i did !!!!
should be 5VDC for the battery right?
But no worries, mine comes with power supply.. Next week it will be here, very curious.

I wrecked a friends x0xb0x in the past with 9VAC.. also had a battery, and smd parts, it may have been one of Maarten's early builds as it was also bought in holland. Did manage to fix it though..

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”