*offtopic* MC-202 "repair"

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
decoder23

*offtopic* MC-202 "repair"

Post by decoder23 »

hi all,

i bought a mc-202 some time ago, all functions work and it sounds amazing, but there are a few minor issues that annoy me a bit.
its an old "toy" and the time of use left some marks. some of the faders are a bit scratchy (not audiable but it doesnt feel that good) so i am gonna get a set from TT i guess. the battery door is missing which is also available at TT. the only thing that i wasnt able to find is a matching tempo pot. its a bit wonky and at about 50% you feel a resistance until about 75%, then it feels normal again.
as i said, everything works, but i wanna try to make my 202 work and look as good as i can :) today i put all the plastic parts into soap water, it looks like new now (accept of the rubber buttons, which look yellow - previous owners must have been hard smokers :roll: if you have a suggestion how to make them look white again...)

long story short, if anyone knows a source for the tempo pot, i would appriciate it very much.

regards

Luap

Re: *offtopic* MC-202 "repair"

Post by Luap »

TT!? Good luck :wink:
I'd try some fader/pot lube/cleaner first myself.. www.caig.com
I've also used Reiniger 601 to good effect too.

decoder23

Re: *offtopic* MC-202 "repair"

Post by decoder23 »

ah, thx for the hint :)
well i didnt read a lot of good things about tt in the forums here, but he is the only supplier for new parts for old synths... and as far as i know from other forums, a lot of people are happy with the spare parts..
but i am gonna check ot your suggestions for sure!

the only real problem is the tempo pot, which is visible out of angle and would need a replacement.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”