old: x0x run #1 recall (weird microcontroller problems)

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

old: x0x run #1 recall (weird microcontroller problems)

Post by adafruit »

If you have a x0x serial number < #050 (or so), you may find one day that your microcontroller is on the fritz, or not working at all. Reprogramming the micro using the bootloader with solve this in the short term, but to fix it 'permanently' requires a microcontroller programmer. If you don't have one, you can send me back the micro (only!) and ill program it for you. Just send me an email and Ill give you my address & instructions
Last edited by adafruit2 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonnay

Post by Jonnay »

I have a show in a week, and I would like to have my x0xb0x for it. I haven't had any microcontroller issues yet, with the exception of every once in awhile a LED will blink when its not supposed to.

Whats the best cource of action at this point... Pray that everything just keeps working? Do an update via bootloader?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

while i cant promise anything ill say that the problem isn't that common and that 99% of the time you can just reload the firmware with the bootloader.

i am almost positive that this only occurs when you "pull the plug" on the x0x (power line flicker problem, essentially) and that if it works when you turn it on, it will continue to work. so if you can plug it in before your set and verify it does the right thing then just dont unplug it until you're done & it will be AOK.

Post by Guest »

That sux, what about postage costs?:(

Milkmansound

Post by Milkmansound »

so this is something that may happen in the future even though its fine now?

mine is no. 41 and appears to be just fine - but I have no problem sending the micro back to you - luckily we are close!

(or maybe you can bring your programmer for a vacation to the Vineyard?)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

shipping just the microcontroller shouldnt cost more than $3, even internationally: i dont think its worth the hassle of trying to reimburse people for that amount...

Daren

Post by Daren »

How much is a microcontroller? I need a new one anyway so I will paypal you for a new re-programmed micro ok?

Also I have decided to keep hold of the panel since I didn't get a reply yet, and time is of the essence. Is the panel anodised? Because the marks appear to be in the actual aluminium, if it isnt anodised I might try and get it cleaned, or would this risk wearing off more text?

Cheers

Daren

brandon daniel

Post by brandon daniel »

I agree, I'd like my x0x to not be down for the count while I wait for a USPS round trip... if possible I'd prefer to pay for a new one that can be programmed with the new code and have that sent to me.

altitude

Post by altitude »

Ya, im in on that idea too

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hi, I was on a slight haitus. If you want just a replacement microcontroller, that will cost $8 USD. Just paypal me & i'll ship it to your address.

altitude

Post by altitude »

thats $8 shipped?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ya, packaged & shipped. $8 the cost of a microcontroller and plastic holder thingy, shipping is free (of course)

brandon daniel

Post by brandon daniel »

ladyada wrote:ya, packaged & shipped. $8 the cost of a microcontroller and plastic holder thingy, shipping is free (of course)
Just sent it, thanks!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i think its pretty funny that y'all waited 4 months to get a x0xb0x but can't stand the thought of a week without it ;)

altitude

Post by altitude »

what can i say, it's just like crack

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”