Pitch problem in MIDI Play mode

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
maxobrien2

Pitch problem in MIDI Play mode

Post by maxobrien2 »

Hi guys,

I bought a second hand x0xb0x a couple of months ago and it sounds incredible, but I've recently encountered a problem. When I first got the unit I put it into MIDI Play mode and controlled it with Ableton, the pitch of the x0xb0x was controlled by the notes I programmed in Ableton. When I tweaked the pitch knob the pitch of the synth would wobble up or down before snapping back to the correct pitch (ie the notes I'd programmed in Ableton).

Now when I programme in notes in my sequencer then tweak the pitch knob on the x0xb0x the pitch permanently changes. This means the synth is difficult to tune, it plays the notes coming out of Ableton but at a pitch that is set by the pitch knob. This is obviously a bit of a pain as I'd like to know that the x0xb0x is perfectly in tune with any other instruments in Ableton, also it would be nice not to have to worry about knocking the pitch knob half way through making a tune.

If there's any advice you could offer I'd be extremely grateful.

All the best,

Max

antto

Re: Pitch problem in MIDI Play mode

Post by antto »

for this reason, i've removed the knob cap on the TUNE knob on my x0x
so the first knob that sticks up is the Cutoff

another option is to simply take the time, and calibrate your x0x so that it's perfectly tuned when the TUNE knob is centered
this way, even if you "knock" it accidentally - you'll (visually) center it back, and it'll be fine

and about "perfect tune with your DAW's instruments.." .. yeah i was like that before
but i started not to care as much now.. it's analog, it will NEVER be in perfect tune ;]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”